Caroline Allen’s CCS Profiles and Features class in Spring 2007, now in blog form.

Monday, June 4, 2007

10 (Okay, 11) Things I'll Miss About UCSB

  1. Having dinner with your friends without having to make plans first, because they’re a five minute walk away.
  2. Being judged by professors and peers who care, rather than professionals who couldn’t care less.
  3. Introducing yourself to others with a handshake rather than a resume.
  4. Having my mother call and say, “I wish I owned beachfront property.”
  5. Living in “Never Never Land,” where it seems that the world consists of people in their twenties.
  6. Being happy that with the end of Finals, all life’s problems seem to temporarily fade away.
  7. Leaving for class early so I could lie in the sun, and simply be.
  8. When I need a shoulder to cry on, having a good friend who lives in the room below mine.
  9. The excuse to eat carbohydrates nonstop for at least a one week period because they give me energy and increase my brainpower for Finals.
  10. Learning for the sake of learning.
  11. Oh and one more – seeing dolphins from my window! Better than looking at my Lassen print.

No comments: